- Jake Meyer climbing K2 - Jake Meyer, son of Fi Mitchell is currently attempting a climb of K2 in aid of Walking with the Wounded.
Show your support and follow his progress on http://www.jakemeyer.co.uk/#!charity/fwm72
- Can you help solve a mystery? - Does anyone have any ideas about this photo of the 9th Duke of Beaufort.Please click for image. It looks like a presentation, and we would be really interested to know where it is and if possible what it is about. The 9th Duke was born in 1847 and died in 1924. We think the date is somewhere in the early 1900’s. Ideas to email@example.com.
P.S. Your webmaster has been doing some detective work. The picture shows the presentation to Colonel Frank Henry at Elmestree, Doughton in November 1912; he having been Secretary of the Hunt for 24 years. Any information regarding who the others are?
- Sunday 31st July - Terrier Show in the Park from 1:00 PM. Classes for terriers and fun classes for all the family. Kennels visit to see the hounds at 2:00 PM. Terrier Racing at the end of the day. Pay Bar. Anyone wishing to bring a Tradestand should contact Amanda Duckett, the organiser, on 07977 880310.
- Wednesday 10th August - Beaufort Hunt Supporters Club Show The Slaits, Badminton Park. Please click here
- The Facts of Rural Life Click here for details of new book by Charlie Pye-Smith commissioned by VAWM.
- Click for the Case for Repeal at the opening meet
- Click for Hunting, Wildlife Management and the Moral Issue.
- Consider joining the 200 Club
- PLEASE NOTE - firstname.lastname@example.org recipients should add the domain "sendgrid.info" to their SPAM FILTER.
The Beaufort Hunt, along with other hunts, have changed their rules to state:
- That we intend to carry out only legal activities.
- Farmers, Subscribers, Members and Followers have been informed to this effect.
- Along with other hunts, we regard this as a temporary ban.
- We will continue to campaign to prove that this ban is detrimental to animal welfare.
- The Beaufort will continue to raise funds to pay for legal challenges.
- We will continue to work towards maintaining employment both within the Hunt as well as related trades.
- The Beaufort Hunt intends to maintain a workable pack of hounds to keep the
Beaufort bloodlines that are renowned across the United Kingdom and indeed
- We are determined to keep our community together.
- We will continue to raise funds for local charities.